It’s funny how fear goes. I’m talking about rampant, off-the-leash fear. It’s often full of contradictions.
If you have a healthy love of paradox, you can find it in fear. It comes in couplets:
- Fear of failure, but fear of success.
- Fear of the past, but fear of the future.
- Fear of confrontation, but fear of not confronting.
- Fear of people, but fear of being alone.
- Fear of moving ahead, but fear of the status quo.
- Fear of the unknown, but fear of the known.
- Fear of what could happen, but fear of what could happen. (Think about this one; it’ll make sense eventually.)
- Fear of starting, but fear of finishing.
No wonder things get messed up so easily.
# # #
Talk to me: What paradoxical couplets of fear can you claim? Post a comment below.